Maxspect Gyre xf330

Epic Aquaculture

The artist formerly known as SawCJack00
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone have the new version of the Gyre. I had the older version and it was extremely loud and a pain to clean. How are the new versions????
I have the 350's (replaced 250's), and they are amazing. Silent, and MUCH easier to clean.

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Does anyone have the new version of the Gyre. I had the older version and it was extremely loud and a pain to clean. How are the new versions????
I have 2 of the 350's the covers prevent much of the algae/corraline - suggesting it will need less cleaning. They seem more powerful - and quieter. No problems here. In a 100 gallon tank the max I can keep them on is 40% or literally coral is blown across the sand. (its a 110 gallon 5 foot)

hotdrop

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are so expensive, though about getting one but $50 more than a proven MP10 makes it hard to justify. Hopefully the icecap version will come out eventually

OP
OP
G

Gary Ellis

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have noticed there are the old style half black and half silver and all black controllers. How do you know which one your getting?

Kyl

And how does it feel like, to wake up in the sun
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had the XF230's for about a year and a half now, never serviced any parts, they are covered in coralline (and also a couple growing specs of pocillipora.. another story..), and in general only cleaned once every two months or so. Rock solid.

My gen1 XF150 has been in use for almost three years now, had two motor block replacements early on, rock solid since then. Bushings have slight wear but I haven't changed them out yet, frankly I haven't cleaned it in probably four months and it's still chugging along.

XF330's I have seen in person on another tank a few times, the owner has had them since the Canadian release, which was a few months before the US one. He's cleaned them once, they are a bit quieter at full RPM than my 230's, but functionally not much difference. His tank is ULNS though, that can influence a lack of algae growth on them to be cleaned off. The cage and mount design is completely different than the previous generations, easier to take apart to clean, not that it was really ever that difficult in the first place.

If I was buying more gyres, I'd be buying the 3X0 series without hesitation.

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
They are so expensive, though about getting one but $50 more than a proven MP10 makes it hard to justify. Hopefully the icecap version will come out eventually

To me - for my tank - I would have required 4 MP 10's to do the same as the 2 F350 gyres (that were 519) - to me the gyres are cheaper - or am I missing something.

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Have users had to replace worn out parts?

I believe - *don't quote me - that they do give you some replacement parts in the box. I never needed them though. I can't remember if that was the case for the F350's though

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have noticed there are the old style half black and half silver and all black controllers. How do you know which one your getting?

Not sure what you mean - I have had multiple Gyres - and have not seen any 1/2 black 1/2 silver. I do know - that the controllers for the F2 series are not compatible with the F3 series.

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Wow not sure how that happen...Sorry...anyway here is the half black and silver. I think.
I dont know if thats just a color option - I contacted BRS - they said it might be the way the photographed it - but as far as they knew - the controllers are all black. check this link - look at all the pictures - depending on the angle the colors are all over the place. Mine are all black. Hope this helps: https://www.coralvue.com/maxspect-gyre-xf330-flow-pump

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good to see that the 330's are working out, this will be my next replacement purchase.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 39.8%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 21.1%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 36.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back