Maxspect Gyre XF350 replacement of motor block bushings??

blackstallion

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Of the two gyre's in my tank, one has been making a loud whining sound in the past 2 months. I purchased the below bushing from Coralvue which state they're for the motor block and housing. The housing bushings were easy as it was a direct replacement, however, HOW do these work for the motor block? The motor block seems to ONLY have the smallest grey bushing, whereas the bushings I was sent have the grey bushing encased in the white nylon outer bushing. Am I supposed to take the small grey inner bushing OUT of the outer white nylon? Seems like that's not possible and would damage both bushings. Was i sent incorrect parts?

I also was trying to follow the below Youtube video from Coralvue and it too only shows the small inner grey bushing for the motor block.

20200810_104905.jpg

OP
OP
blackstallion

blackstallion

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had an old bushing assy from the outer cage, so I tried taking out the middle grey bushing from the outer white nylon with no luck.

Anyone know if you're SUPPOSED to take out those grey bushings OR if I received incorrect parts for the motor block bushings?

#jeff@coralvue #CoralVue

EmptyWallet

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Definitely got the wrong part, might have to buy the whole assembly. I was peeved when this happened to me today

73753BD1-9051-4703-8E7A-24F4CA3A6CB9.jpeg

OP
OP
blackstallion

blackstallion

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone have feedback on HOW to rebuild the Gyre's ie. bushings? I purchased what were titled "motor block bushings" but as stated in this thread, they only work for the cage. HOW can I get just the motor block bushings?

Anyone been successful in rebuilding the Gyres to eliminate the whine?

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 60 38.5%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 35 22.4%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 55 35.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.8%
Back