maxspect gyre xf350...who's running them?

Devaji

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so I did a quick search and nothing came up so I thought I would make a thread.

I got the 280 then the 300"S where announced so I waited then got the 330 but they dont hold on the 3/4" glass about the return them for the 350's...getting mixed reviews of they will hold on 3/4" glass

who is running them and what 's your feed back so far....

UCF Alum

Stick addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m running the XF 280 and love it. Have it on 3/4” glass and it’s a beast. I have it on the opposite end of 2 MP40’s on my peninsula tank. Creates waves. Appears the XF 350 is the XF280’s newer brother, except the 350 is less flow and $100 cheaper.

OP
OP
Devaji

Devaji

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m running the XF 280 and love it. Have it on 3/4” glass and it’s a beast. I have it on the opposite end of 2 MP40’s on my peninsula tank. Creates waves. Appears the XF 350 is the XF280’s newer brother, except the 350 is less flow and $100 cheaper.

yeah I almost kept my 280 but the new quieter motor is what made me upgrade to the 300's. I just want to make sure the 350 will indeed hold on the 3/4" glass of the red sea reefer 750. this will be the 3rd order of maxspect gyres from BRS...good thing there a great company to work with.

the 280 held great on it I dry tested them. the 330 not so much I mean it held but if a fish farted it would fall off.

UCF Alum

Stick addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yeah I almost kept my 280 but the new quieter motor is what made me upgrade to the 300's. I just want to make sure the 350 will indeed hold on the 3/4" glass of the red sea reefer 750. this will be the 3rd order of maxspect gyres from BRS...good thing there a great company to work with.

I agree. The 280 can be noisy.

Marcos_

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im running two XF350 on my red sea reefer 750xxl. One side works fine, the other side keeps slipping off. After contacting coralvue customer support, they told me that I am "reaching the limits of glass thickness" and that the gyres arent made for 3/4 inch glass. I informed them that the advertisement says otherwise. They are sending me new magnets, lets see if it works. I cannot run the gyres above 50% because of the magnets, as it causes the gyre move a lot. Other than that, they are SUPER quiet and the flow is awesome. Much better than the jebaos that replaced them.

LynzieS

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the xf350 and have no issue with attachment, that being said my glass is about 1/2". It's actually too much flow and I'm going to be ordering the xf330 soon to replace the xf350. Anyone using the ICV6 controller? Is it worth it versus just using the advanced controller that comes with the pump?

Highgrade

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im running two XF350 on my red sea reefer 750xxl. One side works fine, the other side keeps slipping off. After contacting coralvue customer support, they told me that I am "reaching the limits of glass thickness" and that the gyres arent made for 3/4 inch glass. I informed them that the advertisement says otherwise. They are sending me new magnets, lets see if it works. I cannot run the gyres above 50% because of the magnets, as it causes the gyre move a lot. Other than that, they are SUPER quiet and the flow is awesome. Much better than the jebaos that replaced them.
I bought a XF350 for my new IM INT 112 gal build and it was too much flow. I moved it over to my Red Sea Peninsula 650. I put it on the opposite end of the return which the glass is only 5/8" it holds but it does start to shift every other day. I run it at 80%. Great pump for moving some water and it is silent.

kodo28

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Any update Marcos about the magnets on the 750 ?

MarineMalecki

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i'm looking into the XF350 and 330 for my 6ft tank (300G DT). I'd like to do a vertical mount - has anyone tried a vertical setup? I know it's possible with the pumps, but a few reviews have indicated the rotors shift and don't work well in a vertical setup. Just curious if anyone's had a similar experience.

OP
OP
Devaji

Devaji

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
well I have yet to set up my 750XXL booo so I cant comment if they hold well on the 3/4" glass or not I did a test fit and it held with out water and not running. one of thee days i'll get it up and running...

johnj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Iv got a maxspect xf350 iv just put on side of tank as just setting up 1st marine tank" And the dam thing will not stop on side of my tank! 19mm glass!
iv looked in book and says 20-25 mm glass? the shop spoke to the maxspect salesman and said its because there is no water in tank yet! that's wy its not holding onto the glass proper?

hows it going to act when turned on if wont hold glass know?

kyroshison

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m running two xf350’s on my 525xl. They are holding perfectly, so good it’s a pain in the rear to get the magnet off to move them lol...
Though I can’t run them at over 40% as they just kick my sand bed around.

Anyone have some profiles they wouldn’t mind sharing for the 350s? I have mine horizontal at opposite ends of the tank

huangeffendi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m running two xf350’s on my 525xl. They are holding perfectly, so good it’s a pain in the rear to get the magnet off to move them lol...
Though I can’t run them at over 40% as they just kick my sand bed around.

Anyone have some profiles they wouldn’t mind sharing for the 350s? I have mine horizontal at opposite ends of the tank
Hi Kyro, im also using 350 for my 525xl but can't pass 20%. Do you mind share how you put the gyre on your tank pls?
THanks

blitzkragz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am running 4 xf350's on a 12' 3/4 inch glass display. Currently I have them vertical in each corner, but I have never had an issue with them holding in either horizontal or vertical. I took the flow directors off because there isn't much point to them in vertical.

20190531_144844.jpg

eshtog

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did the magnet issue ever get resolved for anyone? I have a 750XXL with 3/4" glass and the magnets are not strong enough even with the reinforced magnets.

Peach02

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did the magnet issue ever get resolved for anyone? I have a 750XXL with 3/4" glass and the magnets are not strong enough even with the reinforced magnets.
I’m interested in this aswell but only looking into them for 3/4” glass. Also anyone know what the minimum flow rate is for the pulsing gyre mode?

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 62 86.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 4 5.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 3 4.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 4.2%
Back