Maxspect Gyro

  • Thread starter Thread starter mike007
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

mike007

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 26, 2013
Messages
7,216
Reaction score
400
Location
WEST TEXAS
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My report on the gyro. I have been having some Issues with cyano for several months. I have tried all the recommended cures without any success.
I was using 2 mp 40's and 1 mp 10 on this 100gallon tank. I thought I had lots of flow but I was wrong. After setting up the gyro within one week cyano has totally gone away. The only complaint I have is the controller. It could have been better designed with more options.
 
Mmmmm, it looks like the wiring is all the same with the Vortech controllers.
There must be a way to wire a Gyre up to the Vortech controller.
 
My report on the gyro. I have been having some Issues with cyano for several months. I have tried all the recommended cures without any success.
I was using 2 mp 40's and 1 mp 10 on this 100gallon tank. I thought I had lots of flow but I was wrong. After setting up the gyro within one week cyano has totally gone away. The only complaint I have is the controller. It could have been better designed with more options.

I had the same results with a couple areas of cyano on my sandbed that I just couldn't quite get rid of .... even though it appeared that there was enough flow. Within 3 days of running the maxspect - the sand is completely clean. Currently one gyre is creating better flow through the entire tank than either multiple mp40's or wp60's or combination of both have - no dead spots anywhere
 
Sweet! I can't wait to fire mine up once my build is done. Nice to hear that it can help with cyano!
 
My report on the gyro. I have been having some Issues with cyano for several months. I have tried all the recommended cures without any success.
I was using 2 mp 40's and 1 mp 10 on this 100gallon tank. I thought I had lots of flow but I was wrong. After setting up the gyro within one week cyano has totally gone away. The only complaint I have is the controller. It could have been better designed with more options.
I also have 100 gallon tank RedSea 425xl G2 what type or size maxspect gyro do you use
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 5 3.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 18.9%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 42 31.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 15.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new