Maxspect JUMP LED for 4 foot tank?

cwerner

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Folks,

I'm looking at replacing my 4 bulb T5 fixture with some LED modules since my wife is really bothered by the light spill on the T5 with how it is mounted since I don't have a canopy. It looks like the new MaxSpect JUMP 65w LED fixtures are a pretty good price/performance module, but I want to make sure it would provide adequate PAR for my tank.

I have a 4 ft x 18 inch 75 gallon Marineland tank and I'm hoping that 2 of these will light the tank for Softies/LPS along the bottom of the tank and maybe some SPS along the rock nearer the top of the tank.

OP
OP
cwerner

cwerner

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you! These seems to be hitting the price/performance price point for what they are. The AI Primes and Red See Reefers appeared to be comparable, but they don't come with a fixture and the Maxspects are 10% off right now.

40g Nano

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It has a premade mode and a custom mode

I wanted a more blue look so i turned up UV and Royal blue and turned yellow and red down

It isnt too complicated but at first I couldn't figure out how to set it on a timer

OP
OP
cwerner

cwerner

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I received the lights yesterday and got them setup. My overall impressions are good, though the Syna G Cloud app could certainly use some work. I can't even so much as login to the app. I've had to bypass all of the cloud features since the app simply crashes. Very disappointed in that.

The lights themselves appear to be well constructed and I really appreciate that they come with a mount unlike most other options. My only complaint with the mounting system is that on my rimmed tank the plastic mounting piece is not quite wide enough to fit over the plastic rim of my Marineland tank. Not a nock necessarily, but it doesn't note that it doesn't fit rimmed tanks.

The lights themselves look pretty good. The picture attached is at only 20% power as I am getting the tank acclimated.

PXL_20201201_033744207.MP.jpg

PXL_20201130_192318128.jpg

OP
OP
cwerner

cwerner

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The app isn’t bad, it may just take a bit to figure it out imo

Yeah I've gotten most things to work, but I literally can't login to the account I created, the app crashes every time. I'm not sure if that's specific to something with my phone or my account, but it is annoying because I can't do some of the web options like grouping my devices to sync their configuration settings.

OP
OP
cwerner

cwerner

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I feel the need to update this thread. They dropped the app version 1.08 and ever since the app has worked flawlessly.

Some hiccups are bound to be expected with a brand new release and they were quick to resolve this issue.

My wife likes this light a lot more than my old t5 fixture and I'm pretty impressed. Seems like a great feature set with a good price.

The fans on them are completely silent. I have to put a hand by them to feel air movement to see if they are even on right now.

My only question at this point is longevity, which with active cooling LED's historically has been really good.

Color me impressed.

OP
OP
cwerner

cwerner

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Honestly I'm a pretty new reefer, so I just went with their EZ setup with th 20k light spectrum. I'm battling the ugly phase right now so once I have something dialed in I'll be sure to post. I also plan on renting the Par meter from BRS at some point.

Ravsta

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It has a premade mode and a custom mode

I wanted a more blue look so i turned up UV and Royal blue and turned yellow and red down

It isnt too complicated but at first I couldn't figure out how to set it on a timer
Hi mate,

Any chance you could provide some basic instructions? I'm struggling with the same at the moment.

Thank You

40g Nano

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So at 11:00, they turn on(not really any fancy stuff like ramping) and at 7:00, they turn off

at 10:50, I put levels at 0. At 11, I set my desired spectrum, and I do that until 7. At 7:10, i set all levels to 0

hope this helps

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 138 87.9%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.7%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.9%
Back