Maxspect xf330 CE question

  • Thread starter Thread starter haellow
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

haellow

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 11, 2024
Messages
13
Reaction score
1
Location
São Paulo
What state or country do you live in
Other International
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello R2R! I have a pair of xf330 cloud edition on my 50cm cube and, as expected, flow hits too hard even on the lowest setting.
I discovered that if I change the pump to xf350 in the controller (even tho i have the 330s), flow is a lot more manageable. My question is: does it do some harm on my pumps or its ok to run them like this?
 
Hello R2R! I have a pair of xf330 cloud edition on my 50cm cube and, as expected, flow hits too hard even on the lowest setting.
I discovered that if I change the pump to xf350 in the controller (even tho i have the 330s), flow is a lot more manageable. My question is: does it do some harm on my pumps or its ok to run them like this?
I wouldn't think that would do any harm to your pump. All you are doing is running it at a lower setting.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new