May 2013 Photo of the Month Contest (Clams)

Status
Not open for further replies.

VividGreg

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got the bigger clam about 4 years ago when it was the size of the smaller Crocea :)
clams.jpg

SeahorseKeeper

Where's the mysis?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great pics!! I think we need so more!!! I think some clam hoarders are holding out!!:xd:

mike007

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My camera sucks and i am not i photografer either but this is what i have.

KSzegi

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Apparently this particular clam is a good spot for corals to sprout .... lol

guia x

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I haven't posted here in a very long time but I saw this on my news feed on Facebook and it's a subject that I really love. Here's my entry. I have more clam photos but I don't know if I could post more than one.

4637555055_fbe33f6cd8_o.jpg

It's a few years old and I have since lost my whole tank. I'm in the process of building it back up. Looking at all these photos of clams sure is great and depressing at the same time. I just regret not being able to keep any of them.

Last edited:

skinz78

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I haven't posted here in a very long time but I saw this on my news feed on Facebook and it's a subject that I really love. Here's my entry. I have more clam photos but I don't know if I could post more than one.

4637555055_9ec129040c.jpg

It's a few years old and I have since lost my whole tank. I'm in the process of building it back up. Looking at all these photos of clams sure is great and depressing at the same time. I just regret not being able to keep any of them.

WOW it looks like you had quite a few beauties in there. I'm in the same boat, I had a bunch and lost them and am trying to rebuild.

Can you post some pic's in the clam show off thread? https://www.reef2reef.com/forums/cl...ics-clams-you-have-had-even-photographed.html

guia x

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
WOW it looks like you had quite a few beauties in there. I'm in the same boat, I had a bunch and lost them and am trying to rebuild.

Can you post some pic's in the clam show off thread? https://www.reef2reef.com/forums/cl...ics-clams-you-have-had-even-photographed.html

Thank you. Yeah I will try to post them there. I haven't been too active in the forums because I still feel bad about what happened to my tank. I'm slowly getting back into reefing after so many years. I'm a little more hesitant than before fearing the same thing happening again but I guess that's a good thing.

KSzegi

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did your birdnest spawn?

I guess so, never saw it happen but that's what I'm assuming .... had this clam for over two years and these just started growing a few months ago. Also have quite a few that started growing on my rocks at the same time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 100 75.2%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 11.3%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 6.0%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 3 2.3%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 3 2.3%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.5%

Back