Are these holes normal for a maze coral? Not sure if I should be worried or not
IMG_8344.jpeg

shakacuz

hang loose, cuz
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
considering the mouths don’t look like the one on the right, i’d be somewhat concerned. is any brown goo coming out of the enlarged mouths? i was going to say it could be pooping but usually they retract when they do

OP
OP
jpshoemaker46

jpshoemaker46

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
considering the mouths don’t look like the one on the right, i’d be somewhat concerned. is any brown goo coming out of the enlarged mouths? i was going to say it could be pooping but usually they retract when they do
I guess you were right? That's so strange everything looks better now! Did not know that was a thing

OctaviusBrine

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They do that from time to time. Looks like a Favia you got there! Three mouths is a good thing it means the it is growing and will start to grow purple between the mouths.

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 29 36.3%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 10 12.5%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 25 31.3%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 14 17.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.5%
Back