Mccoskers Flasher wrasse behavior

SteveEreef

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 6, 2018
Messages
371
Reaction score
336
Location
Detroit
What state or country do you live in
Michigan
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I came home from work today went downstairs to look at my tank that has a couple of chromis and the flasher wrasse. They all swam to the front to see me as they know they get feed when I get home. I went upstairs to get the food. When I came down I could not see the wrasse. It took me a minute but I found him half buried in the sand. His coloring looked like he was stressed or I thought dead since his head was buried. I panicked and scooped him out of the sand. He got his normal color back and started to swim and eat the food I put in. Question- I was under the impression that they don’t sleep in the sand. He usually sleeps in the rock work. Is this normal behavior? Thanks so much.
 
One of the chromis could have chased him. I had a chromis chase a flasher into a powerhead, so count yourself lucky. :)
 
I’m betting he got spooked by something and dove into the sand panicked.
 
One of the chromis could have chased him. I had a chromis chase a flasher into a powerhead, so count yourself lucky. :)
Thanks. I’ll have to watch the Chromis a little closer then.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.2%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 26 18.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 50 34.7%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.4%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 6.9%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.9%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 13.9%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new