Me and My 4g Reef

Seriously love this tank!! How is it noise level wise? Considering options for a small tank in my office to grow out some frags and spruce up my desk
No noise, at least not that I can hear over a small desk fan. The stock return pump used to buzz but I took it out then put it back and it stopped (about to replace it with a aquaneat 265 because it gave out about a week ago). It’s the quietest aquarium I have!

(update: don’t use the aquaneat 265. Go for the 80 ;Facepalm )
 
Last edited:
3A2A9306-5E36-4A1F-997A-CDB84A021EA7.jpeg
0DAD432A-80D0-41AC-9A84-7E0EAE35D036.jpeg

Really happy with how it’s coming along! Dinos are showing up again, but I think that’s because my return pump has slowed down so much that theres not much water going through the uv. The new pump should be here in a couple days so hopefully they’ll clear back up
 
Thanks! It’s a nice shaped chunk from CaribSea, though I’m not too fond of the coating they put on it. It keeps flaking off and the snails chew on it.
I haven't had an issue like that with mine
 
I haven't had an issue like that with mine
4FD0DD2B-ABCF-4CCB-B952-9FA48CB3A643.jpeg

The white areas with algae growing on it, that’s where the snails munched on it, and sometimes when moving stuff around little parts of the coating fall off. It’s like that all over, I think it’s just a cosmetic thing though
 
4FD0DD2B-ABCF-4CCB-B952-9FA48CB3A643.jpeg

The white areas with algae growing on it, that’s where the snails munched on it, and sometimes when moving stuff around little parts of the coating fall off. It’s like that all over, I think it’s just a cosmetic thing though
Ahhh then yes I do have it, lol
 
BFD89637-6EDF-4932-9C30-25CF3E8014BC.jpeg
8374FCB6-293B-4E35-8A40-8515B1FC503E.jpeg

The new pump actually got here today, but it didn’t go so well. Even on the lowest setting it’s so strong that it completely drains the back chamber faster than it can refill ;Facepalm. But the suction cups work super well, especially after you’ve put the pump in the tiny little back chamber with no space to reach in and it’s throwing water everywhere :)
Strong enough that it takes an hour of vigorous effort to remove it :)
There’s a smaller size available so we’re going to try that one.
 
What the stock pump has degraded to:
4D4F470B-979D-44C4-BE57-FB97AF180CEE.jpeg
 
65692BB6-8A85-43AB-ACF7-0E43870FD41A.jpeg
9F20E393-751B-4463-B919-B9EEC01EC0AC.jpeg

The color development on this coral has been so exciting. It’s so fluorescent under black light ;Wideyed
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 6 46.2%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 7.7%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 7.7%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new