Media Basket Dilema

ajhudson15

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 26, 2017
Messages
1,420
Reaction score
1,030
Location
Bloomington, IN
What state or country do you live in
Indiana
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I am setting up a Nuvo Fusion AIO 40L as a LPS tank (will probably end up mixed reef). I have a 3 shelf media basket for the back but i want some opinions on what to put in it. I will be running a fleece roller on one end, along with a 9watt UV sterilizer, and a Bubble Magus skimmer. Having a hard time trying to decide what to put in the basket other than maybe filter floss. I also thought about porous material but wanted some opinion.
 
I have pretty much the same set up. I have a bag of carbon at the top, a piece of filter floss below, and the rest of it has Marine Pure Ceramic balls.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.1%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 21 21.4%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 29 29.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 9.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 9.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 12 12.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 7.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new