Media Basket Dilema

ajhudson15

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 26, 2017
Messages
1,410
Reaction score
1,018
Location
Bloomington, IN
What state or country do you live in
Indiana
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I am setting up a Nuvo Fusion AIO 40L as a LPS tank (will probably end up mixed reef). I have a 3 shelf media basket for the back but i want some opinions on what to put in it. I will be running a fleece roller on one end, along with a 9watt UV sterilizer, and a Bubble Magus skimmer. Having a hard time trying to decide what to put in the basket other than maybe filter floss. I also thought about porous material but wanted some opinion.
 
I have pretty much the same set up. I have a bag of carbon at the top, a piece of filter floss below, and the rest of it has Marine Pure Ceramic balls.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 7 23.3%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 4 13.3%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 7 23.3%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 6.7%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 6.7%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 6.7%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 6 20.0%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new