Media Cup for Emerald 26

Arcticfirefighter

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone know of a media cup that is available for the Trigger Emerald 26 sump? The smaller Emerald 26 has that odd shaped sock holder that is more of an oval than a circle. Does anyone on here run a media cup instead of filter socks on their Emerald 26?

Thanks in Advance!!

Hemmdog

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone know of a media cup that is available for the Trigger Emerald 26 sump? The smaller Emerald 26 has that odd shaped sock holder that is more of an oval than a circle. Does anyone on here run a media cup instead of filter socks on their Emerald 26?

Thanks in Advance!!
I tried it for awhile, I ended up just running nothing. But when I tried the cup I just squeezed together a normal circle filter cup and it worked fine.

OP
OP
Arcticfirefighter

Arcticfirefighter

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I tried it for awhile, I ended up just running nothing. But when I tried the cup I just squeezed together a normal circle filter cup and it worked fine.
Ok thanks, I was just wondering because it seems like most of the filter cups I have seen are really hard or made of acrylic. I will keep looking for a softer one and just see if I can make it fit. That's what I have to do with normal filter socks anyways.

Not sure why they made it that way, the larger Emerald sumps have the regular circle openings.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I had synergy with same issue. I placed cup in boiling water and pressed it into opening And it took onto the shape. Wasn’t 100% fit but did good

Hemmdog

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok thanks, I was just wondering because it seems like most of the filter cups I have seen are really hard or made of acrylic. I will keep looking for a softer one and just see if I can make it fit. That's what I have to do with normal filter socks anyways.

Not sure why they made it that way, the larger Emerald sumps have the regular circle openings.
Yea it is annoying. I just found a cheap one at my LFS and gave it a trial run. I have a durso setup on that tank so it makes me nervous having something that can restrict flow on the only drain. But yea just look for a cheap one that will bend, I think mine was $3-$5. Then insert it into the sock holder from the bottom, just threading the top part through the hole so it can hook on. Pushing it straight down and in didn’t work for me.

OP
OP
Arcticfirefighter

Arcticfirefighter

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea it is annoying. I just found a cheap one at my LFS and gave it a trial run. I have a durso setup on that tank so it makes me nervous having something that can restrict flow on the only drain. But yea just look for a cheap one that will bend, I think mine was $3-$5. Then insert it into the sock holder from the bottom, just threading the top part through the hole so it can hook on. Pushing it straight down and in didn’t work for me.
Sounds good, I will go to my LFS and see what they have.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 7 20.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 4 11.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 21 60.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 5.7%
Back