Media reactor advice

Jordan Stone

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 29, 2018
Messages
80
Reaction score
38
What state or country do you live in
New Jersey
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I just upgraded to a JBJ 65, and in the market for a media reactor to run GFO. I currently have an IM Minimax Desktop reactor, and find that it's a bit loud and ineffective. What are some low profile/quiet reactors that wouldn't need to be run in a sump?

I've been looking at the Aquamaxx Fluidized GFO and Carbon Filter Media Reactor FR-1E.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 8 5.1%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 17.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 55 34.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 7.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.3%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 24 15.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new