Media Reactor as a Refugium

  • Thread starter Thread starter CaptDan
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

CaptDan

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 17, 2024
Messages
68
Reaction score
50
Location
Orlando
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone used an aquaready hob media reactor as a refugium? I have a 60 gallon aio and dont have space but am considering trying to use the hob media reactor , just not sure if being closed loop so to speak would it work?
 
If you can control the flow and lighting, then I don't see why it would work.
 
Has anyone used an aquaready hob media reactor as a refugium? I have a 60 gallon aio and dont have space but am considering trying to use the hob media reactor , just not sure if being closed loop so to speak would it work?
I actually did this for a bit with an innovative marine one. The issue is how much of the algae could actually grow. I believe that chaeto is more effective with flow/movement to clear itself of detritus
 
I also need a major boost for PH, currently dosing AFR 32ml daily and cant get PH above 8.0 without opening windows. In central Florida those days are few and far between
 
what flow would you all recommend
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 3 30.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 2 20.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 5 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 3 30.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new