Media reactor question

  • Thread starter Thread starter dmh41532
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

dmh41532

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 22, 2015
Messages
505
Reaction score
188
Location
Naples, Florida
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have an aquatop media reactor, I've had it a week, and the flow out I down to a trickle. The pump is working fine, I checked for clogs but found nothing. Could I have the media packed too tight? I'm using about 2/3 carbon and 1/3 phosban.
 
I took the reactor apart and removed some media, I now have a good flow. The phosban still isn't tumbling, even with the control valve open, but atleast I've got flow.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new