MEDIA REACTOR RECOMMENDED

Cuse89

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all I am looking for a large media reactor. Looking to specifically use for GFO in a 800 gallon system. Does anybody have any recommendations for large scale reactors? TIA

Doctorgori

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ll follow your thread as I’ve been vacillating between a manifold operating off of my main pump vs using a dedicated self powered magnum or fluval canister for non-continuous run stufff like carbon & GFO ….
I mean heck by the time you pay for fancy acrylic work you cudda had a marineland or fluval thingy with its own motor…
Thing is unless you run GFO continuously (which many dont) shutting it off aint so simple, you gotta take the whole apparatus off line unless you want a canister of stagnant funk…
I’ve been thinking may as well slap a dedicated $100 engineered canister filter with multiple chambers…not as slick, but perhaps more efficient and easier…
I dunno….

Last edited:
OP
OP
Cuse89

Cuse89

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Definitely worthy to note! Yes keeping everything open for sure to see different options… then to decide!

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 34 27.0%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 41 32.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 38 30.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 9 7.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.2%
Back