MEDIA REACTOR RECOMMENDED

Cuse89

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 28, 2021
Messages
102
Reaction score
25
Location
Buffalo
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all I am looking for a large media reactor. Looking to specifically use for GFO in a 800 gallon system. Does anybody have any recommendations for large scale reactors? TIA
 
I’ll follow your thread as I’ve been vacillating between a manifold operating off of my main pump vs using a dedicated self powered magnum or fluval canister for non-continuous run stufff like carbon & GFO ….
I mean heck by the time you pay for fancy acrylic work you cudda had a marineland or fluval thingy with its own motor…
Thing is unless you run GFO continuously (which many dont) shutting it off aint so simple, you gotta take the whole apparatus off line unless you want a canister of stagnant funk…
I’ve been thinking may as well slap a dedicated $100 engineered canister filter with multiple chambers…not as slick, but perhaps more efficient and easier…
I dunno….
 
Last edited:
Definitely worthy to note! Yes keeping everything open for sure to see different options… then to decide!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 8 5.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 6.9%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 17.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 56 35.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.9%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.3%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 24 15.1%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new