Meet the R2R Moderator Team!!

Discussion in 'Meet & Greet Forum' started by revhtree, Sep 19, 2014.

1. ndrwater

ndrwater Valuable Member R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Reef Squad Partner Member 2019 R2R Secret Santa Build Thread Contributor Hospitality Award

Congrats @HotRocks just saw this!! Apparently I am late to the party again!

2. redfishbluefish

redfishbluefish Stay Positive, Stay Productive Staff Member Team R2R R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award NJRC Member Article Contributor Build Thread Contributor

First Name: Paul

Mentally, 17-18 years old, housed in a soon to be 65 year old body.

Why you chose your screen name: Our local fish club picked my screen name. My adult son first started in saltwater and joined a local club. He invited me to a meeting, and his screen name was OneFishTwoFish. I think you see where I’m going with this. When I showed up, the host of the meeting said, “You must be RedFishBlueFish.” And so I was!

Favorite Fish/Coral: I really don’t have favorites. My thing is keeping whatever I have alive, happy and growing. However, I have developed hatreds for certain fish and corals. Other than my clownfish pair, I will never put another damsel in my tank...those fish are devil fish. As far as corals, most softies will not be in my new tank, and will most likely not put in any fast growing SPS as well….monti’s grow like weeds in my tank.

Current tank specs: Five foot 90 gallon mixed reef with a 50 gallon sump.

Build thread: I have two build threads because my original 10+ year old tank recently split a seam, and the new thread is the total rebuild of a new tank/rock/etc.

RFBF's Five Footer

RFBF's 90 Gallon Déjà vu All Over Again

Area of strength in the hobby: I’m a tinkerer, and although I have formal degrees in chemistry and biology, I’ve been retired since 2001, and consider my DIY skills to be a more ongoing and active strength. So I’ve tackled anything plumbing, woodworking, a little metal work, and I’ve dabbled in electronics a little bit.

Favorite hobby outside reefing:
    This is difficult, because I have too many, and so they vary from month to month. Most recent has been flatwater kayaking….my wife and I have been enjoying getting away and paddling around in circles. But I also like anything hands on….cars, woodworking, building, etc. I use to be the engine guy for a racing team, so I’m into cars….I think now eight cars. I still do all my own repairs….most recently a head gasket on my BMW and new rotors and calibers for one of my Honda’s.

How long have you been reef keeping: Started with a 37G bowfront around 2006 and went to the current 90 around 2007/2008.

Mug Shots:
    Here is where I first developed a love for the sea...I'm the one in that stylish Speedo....I believe on the rocky shores of New Hampshire:

[​IMG]

Not long after that, this is an early picture of when I first started to use my face to break my falls. I believe three times in the hospital for chin stitching and two times for the forehead. I’m a mess!

[​IMG]

Here’s a more recent shot without bandages:

[​IMG]

Captain Quint, jsker, Rob.D and 12 others like this.
  3. Flippers4pups

Flippers4pups Fins up since 1993 R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Reef Squad Leader Reef Tank 365 Build Thread Contributor Hospitality Award

con congratulations Paul! Awesome news!

4. S-t-r-e-t-c-h

S-t-r-e-t-c-h Well-Known Member R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Reef Squad Ocala Reef Club Member

5. ndrwater

ndrwater Valuable Member R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Reef Squad Partner Member 2019 R2R Secret Santa Build Thread Contributor Hospitality Award

6. redfishbluefish

redfishbluefish Stay Positive, Stay Productive Staff Member Team R2R R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award NJRC Member Article Contributor Build Thread Contributor

Thanks guys, but you're actually congratulating me for procrastinating in getting my bio listed here! :eek: I've been part of the moderator team since, I think, September. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

But again, Thank you. :cool:

7. Wicky48

Wicky48 Active Member R2R Supporter Build Thread Contributor

Hahaha you remind me of my brother when he dressed up as "The Greatest American Hero. LOL

8. Wicky48

Beautiful tank stunning anemone!

9. Wicky48

Thank you all for this site. It has helped me solve a few problems already and get to know some other reefers.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2019
  10. Captain Quint

Captain Quint Plank Owner of the Orca R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award R2R Secret Santa Reef Tank 365 Build Thread Contributor Hospitality Award

If you think those date you...I'm not even throwing my years up then. :eek:

11. Mastiffsrule

Mastiffsrule Valuable Member R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Build Thread Contributor Hospitality Award

You guys rock

upload_2019-3-10_20-33-6.gif

dbl, evolved, Captain Quint and 3 others like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted