Meeting Feb 23rd?

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hope you guys have a great time. Be safe with the storms coming through. I know local utilities are bracing for significant power outages tonight. The concern is falling trees with the saturated ground and potential for high winds. Hope everyone has their power loss plans to protect their tanks in place!

Ry0n

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Haha, Andrew and I both posted at the same time for chips. I'll bring cookies.

H@rry

Troll
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
[QUOTE=" Hope everyone has their power loss plans to protect their tanks in place![/QUOTE]

The generator is gassed up and ready to go. I just hope I don't have to get up in the middle of the night and hook all the cords up in the dark.

OP
OP
Monkeynaut

Monkeynaut

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you everyone for coming to the meeting! I had a great time meeting some new faces!

If you feel that you have misplaced your glasses... you have. PM me and we will figure out a way to get them to you.

Also, this video really spoke to me in how I wanted to run my tank...

Tomoko Schum

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you very much for hosting. We had a lot of fun, too. It was nice meeting new people and seeing familiar faces.
I love Rich Ross's presentations. He is hilarious. He has a nice website called Skeptical Reefkeeping : http://packedhead.net/category/skeptical-reefkeeping/

OP
OP
Monkeynaut

Monkeynaut

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Ry0n I wanted to mention a couple things I would do different with my sump. In fact I plan on doing this on a new one this year. I already have the glass cut for it.

1. I would add a third baffle plate before the return pump. I get some micro bubbles in the tank with the 2 I have, and lots of micro bubbles when I turn off the skimmer (seems backwards but it is what happens). The third baffle may not do anything to change the bubbles. But I am going to try it.
2. I am not planning on removing the black, top brace, on the next one.
I removed it to make it look "cleaner" at the top. Well... I ended up with chipped glass at the top edge because it was well siliconed on and very difficult to get off. Even where it didn't chip it was still a sharp edge.
I sanded and ground the glass edge as well as I could. But... well... I just wouldn't do it again.

beaslbob

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you everyone for coming to the meeting! I had a great time meeting some new faces!

If you feel that you have misplaced your glasses... you have. PM me and we will figure out a way to get them to you.

Also, this video really spoke to me in how I wanted to run my tank...

Cool

beaslbob

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
FWIW you guys are jinxes.!!!!

After meeting that night my ato relay lit up but pump didn't pump. Turns out I had to replace the pump relay and socket. LOL

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 18 14.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 9 7.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 19 15.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 71 55.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 7.1%
Back