Megabite's 180 Reef - Round 2

So it's been 2 weeks since adding Chaeto to the fuge. I wonder if my nutrients and lighting is enough for it to grow? 😎

9/17/26
1790892004194.png


10/1/26
IMG_9571.JPEG
🤯 I would imagine nutrients are trending down now?
Might need a tad more nutrients and light I'm thinking.
🤣 you beat me to it! I don't know how you like/reply to new posts so fast! Are you a bot? 🤪
 
EDIT: Had the wrong picture on the 4 week span.

Thursday AD update. Although still growing, it seems to have slowed down. My dino battles and now a little cyano has the tank is re-balancing has slowed thing down. Hopefully back on track soon!

3/15 to today
AD 3-15 to 10-1 (2).jpg


4 week span

AD 9-3 to 10-1 (2).jpg


1 week span
AD 9-24 to 10-1 Marked.jpg
Thank goodness you had a slip up! you were off to the races man. Still looking good and well ahead of me, even if you’re cruising currently.
Also if it’s not me, you and Gavin are my preferences to take home the boxes. Team underdog going to take one of these! There is such a steep learning curve. You have a do a lot tweaking twerking and even tweeting after that. Pull out all the stops, but sure as heck don’t touch it or change anything major like flow or lighting.
So rule 1. Don’t touch it. Don’t change anything, don’t look at it too much. Rule 2 do everything to make it grow As long as it’s not listed in rule 1. (This is where all the twerking comes in)

I learned the hard way from my first try. The coral is now being left alone and not looked at in the back and it’s done much better.
 
Last edited:
🤯 I would imagine nutrients are trending down now?

Hasn't budged much. This is where my tank has been sitting for quite a while. I will test today or tomorrow and check again.

9/27
IMG_9566.JPEG
 
Thank goodness you had a slip up! you were off to the races man. Still looking good and well ahead of me, even if you’re cruising currently.
Also if it’s not me, you and Gavin are my preferences to take home the boxes. Team underdog going to take one of these! There is such a steep learning curve. You have a do a lot tweaking twerking and even tweeting after that. Pull out all the stops, but sure as heck don’t touch it or change anything major like flow or lighting.
So rule 1. Don’t touch it. Don’t change anything, don’t look at it too much. Rule 2 do everything to make it grow As long as it’s not listed in rule 1. (This is where all the twerking comes in)

I learned the hard way from my first try. The coral is now being left alone and not looked at in the back and it’s done much better.
Thanks man and you're absolutely correct. That's why I placed it on a rock a couple of days after getting it. I wanted it to have a permanent home. Everytime you move a coral around, it usually take a bit of a hit and needs to get use to the new spot/ position even when it spins on a frag rack in the same spot.

My tank seems to be in the middle of rebalancing itself (biome). It will be a year old in just a week. Dinos have decreased some and now getting a bit of cyanobacteria along with just a bit of green algae here and there. AIptasia is the other annoyance I'm dealing with and had a couple at the base of the AD I didn't see for a bit. The "Aiptasia eating" filefish hasn't looked at the aiptasia either. Cool and non shy fish though. Always front and center when I come to the tank. Thing likes to be fed.

Overall, the tank is not doing poorly, but my PE and growth isn't where it was before the dinos and the addition of silicates, bacteria, and stopping the aminoes.

Did I mention that dinos suck! Thanks for dropping in and tips Scott!
 
Here's a real quick vid from this morning of how things are looking for perspective.


 
Last edited:

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.1%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 21 21.6%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 29 29.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 9.3%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 8 8.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 12 12.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 7.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new