Melanurus of Doom.

A Young Reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine is a jerk sometimes, he drove my pelicieris wrasse to jump through the mesh cover and he nips on my milka stylo polyps for some reason.

Rovert

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How's it going with the wrasse today? Mine took 2 days to come out of hiding, but now he's been out and about. My tomini tang is being a huge jerk and chasing him around though. The melanurus seems downright peaceful in comparison, just minds his own business.
Buried himself in the sand after 15 minutes in the tank, and not seen since, even after a feeding. I'm guessing he'll come out of hiding in a couple days. Guessing he'll be well-behaved, I have a juvenile Emperor Angel and a Desjardini Tang that tend to dominate the tank (because everything else is smaller - Midas Blenny, Green Chromis, Hippo Tang, Coral Beauty, Gramma...) but time will tell. Interestingly enough, the 6-line wrasse that was released at the same time is busy hunting for pods. Keeping my fingers crossed...

Sink_or_Swim

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Buried himself in the sand after 15 minutes in the tank, and not seen since, even after a feeding. I'm guessing he'll come out of hiding in a couple days. Guessing he'll be well-behaved, I have a juvenile Emperor Angel and a Desjardini Tang that tend to dominate the tank (because everything else is smaller - Midas Blenny, Green Chromis, Hippo Tang, Coral Beauty, Gramma...) but time will tell. Interestingly enough, the 6-line wrasse that was released at the same time is busy hunting for pods. Keeping my fingers crossed...
At least you saw yours for a few minutes! Mine dove under the sand and disappeared immediately, lol. Definitely keep an eye on the tang when the wrasse does eventually come out. I have had a lot of chasing by the tang, but the wrasse has found a hiding spot in some clove polyps and so far it seems ok. Going to tape a mirror to the tank if the tang keeps bullying him though.

Rovert

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
At least you saw yours for a few minutes! Mine dove under the sand and disappeared immediately, lol. Definitely keep an eye on the tang when the wrasse does eventually come out. I have had a lot of chasing by the tang, but the wrasse has found a hiding spot in some clove polyps and so far it seems ok. Going to tape a mirror to the tank if the tang keeps bullying him though.
He came out yesterday. Everybody seems to be behaving themselves. The Malanrus keeps mostly to the bottom of the tank along the sand bed. No worries... so far.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 136 87.7%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.9%
Back