Melting frogspawn.

  • Thread starter Thread starter DanC40
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

DanC40

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 6, 2022
Messages
34
Reaction score
46
Location
Jersey City
What state or country do you live in
New Jersey
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone. I'm in a little bit of panic mode. I have this unique wall frogspawn. It is huge when open. Anyway I had it sitting on sandbed under a ledge. But not so it doesn't get light. Anyway today I did my usual check and saw that the back end was showing skeleton. I though brown jelly but didn't have much. The weird thing is that it looks to be shedding the outer perimeter so that the flesh band is in tact. Days before flesh band was nice and puffy look3d really healthy so I'm at a lost. The one thing I have changed is added kalkwasser. Everything else including sps are doing good. I took the piece out and did kfc dip. Should I cut the loose flesh thqt still looks alive. Not to confident I can save since it's a wall varie5y but will try my hardest. After the dip I plan on doing 5 min peroxide to further clean it. Thereafter I'm placing in a quarintin3 tank. Any suggestion on treatment and ideas of what could causen. I do have hermits shrimp and crabs. Mayb3 th3y nipping?

Here are my parameters.

Temp 79-80
Ph 8.2to 8.4
Just started dosing kalkwasser 2300ml per day mostly at night
Alk 8
Calcium 450
Magnesium 1300
Nitrate 7ppm
Phosphate .13ppm. Down from 30 over a period of 3 days.
Salinty 1.025 1.026.
170 gallon with 45 gallon sump

Could the crabs have cause this I'm inclined to get rid of them cause all they do is crawl all over the corals.
Could high ph be the cause any suggestions much appreciated

20230721_230302.jpg 20230721_230251.jpg 20230529_141715.jpg
 
Sorry.
The greenish band in the skeleton extends under the still- attached polyp. I don’t know what it is but I have never seen it end well for hard corals with green bone cancer, or what ever this looks like to me. I am glad you treated with KFC because that would possibly fix this if I am wrong. I hope I am wrong.

If you don’t see improvement perhaps potassium chloride dip, again a last resort without much hope, ime.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 7 50.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new