Members who beat MEN

Backreefing

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 29, 2018
Messages
1,326
Reaction score
1,158
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello I have gotten a frag ( montipora green cap ) and on close inspection found a single MEN and a few eggs near it . I popped it off it’s plug and scrubbed with a toothbrush , then basted it , then covered the whole bottom with super glue. It got glued on a new plug and the gap was filled up with super glue.
Here’s my question do they eat the bone ? The MEN was near a hole as if a drill made it . It got filled with super glue. But can they eat a montipora inside out like a worm in a apple ?
Btw I didn’t dip it because I’m reading everywhere it don’t kill them or the eggs anyway.
 
Hello I have gotten a frag ( montipora green cap ) and on close inspection found a single MEN and a few eggs near it . I popped it off it’s plug and scrubbed with a toothbrush , then basted it , then covered the whole bottom with super glue. It got glued on a new plug and the gap was filled up with super glue.
Here’s my question do they eat the bone ? The MEN was near a hole as if a drill made it . It got filled with super glue. But can they eat a montipora inside out like a worm in a apple ?
Btw I didn’t dip it because I’m reading everywhere it don’t kill them or the eggs anyway.
I would dip and QT before putting it in your display. If you have other montis.
 
I’m undecided to take the montipora and cut out the part with the hole , but that’s so damaging to it . Because it’s small frag .
 
I got some digi frags a while back from another hobbyist cause they were not doing well for him. I took them and dipped them and low and behold, MEN. I scrubbed them, dipped them and reglued them onto new plugs. No MEN came back and they did great considering there was nothing left of them.
20180316_163552.jpg
20180316_173438.jpg
20180507_110410.jpg
 
Great Job on the save ,the frag looks very nice !

All the frags turned out great. This isn't to say, ya, go ahead and throw whatever you want in your tank and hope for the best lol. Plus I don't keep many montis at all. A tank full of collector montis I would definitely be careful with.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 7 4.6%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 17.6%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 52 34.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 7.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 23 15.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new