Mentor in Tampa area wanted

ClearwaterReefer

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 3, 2021
Messages
30
Reaction score
13
Location
Dunedin
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had a FOWLR for 6 years. Just now entering into reefing. I have a plan and ideas but not anyone local who isn't trying to sell me something that I talk to and run ideas past. Must have tank that is thriving and preferably not crazy. lol Message me and we can go from there.

PS. I'm well aware that posting here like it's the personal is ridiculous, but again, I don't have any friends with tanks and anyone at any of the LFS are just trying to sell what they have. I want to learn from someone who does reefing as a hobby and for enjoyment, not as an income.
 
hi,just jump in some builds ,start making friends,you will find reefers near you,we can all help from around the world.. ;) :cool:
 
You will learn everything from here, talking to one person is fine but that person only has their ideas, on here there are loads of ideas, every tank runs differently, so read, and ask questions on here and you will soon learn, so many different nationalities on here too, its a fantastic place to be, and there is not a single question that cannot be answered, the wealth of knowledge is incredible.
 
You'll have a wealth of information if you research and are active here. Pidgeon-holing yourself into one person's mindset is not good either. Here you can get perspective from thousands of hobbyists and if someone gives incorrect information, it'll be corrected pretty quickly. No two tanks are the same so it's better to widen your perspective.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 18.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 47 34.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new