Mentor?

  • Thread starter Thread starter ddr_phish
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

ddr_phish

Coral Collector
View Badges
Joined
Mar 9, 2009
Messages
498
Reaction score
7
Location
Splendora, Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just wondering if theres anyone out there willing to help tutor me and help me with my photography skills. I've read several help threads but I still really don't get it. So maybe someone can help me out via PM? I have a Sony Alpha A200, still dont have a macro lens, but still can't take a pic worth anything... Thanks.
 
I wish I could help but I know nothing about your camera. A macro lens and tripod are key parts of taking good reef photos. But, you should still be able to get OK photos without a macro lens.
 
Just wondering if theres anyone out there willing to help tutor me and help me with my photography skills. I've read several help threads but I still really don't get it. So maybe someone can help me out via PM? I have a Sony Alpha A200, still dont have a macro lens, but still can't take a pic worth anything... Thanks.

Please, not PM. If you get your help posted, we can all learn. If you do it here, I'll do it here next!
 
Sounds like you've got a decent camera and all but just need to experiment a bit with it. Try using the auto white balance and "stopping" it down a bit to take slightly underexposed pictures. You'll have to do this on the manual mode. A tripod is very important, especially to make sure everything is in focus, which I find the most difficult thing to achieve, esp. when taking macro shots. Not sure what else to offer in terms of advice, perhaps others will chime in.
 
I have a tripod, not sure how to set the white balance to auto (I'll look at the manual). What is stopping it down??
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 20.0%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 10.0%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 2 20.0%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 5 50.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new