OP
melypr1985

melypr1985

totally addicted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I haven't found anything so far that says i should take the mugs out of the tank. I'm hoping i can still use them after this. hmm. What's cool though is that each fish (except for the clowns and cardinal and the wrasse) have adopted a mug of their own. Its like they each have their own mug apartment while their home is being cleaned of parasites. My husband thinks i'm weird for thinking its cool. I told him, its not like they are hiding behind the mugs, or under the mugs, or ignoring them completely. They each go inside of their own mug at night to sleep. I think it's pretty funny and I'm assuming they like it because the ends are closed and make them feel more secure. Anyway that's my update! Have a good night!

OP
OP
melypr1985

melypr1985

totally addicted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would never put mugs in my tank or anything not "fishy", That just wouldn't work :eek:

Your so funny Paul! So far i dont see anything wrong with either the cups or the fish, so I'm just going to leave them in there for now. Besides they seem to each have their own "apartment" of a cup and I'd hate to take their temporary home away. :)

OP
OP
melypr1985

melypr1985

totally addicted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My tankbis looking better. Seems like everything is going to make a comeback. It will take a month or more to really start getting color back in my montis but there is progress. I broke the dead pieces off the red monti and havent seen any more tissue loss on it. There is a green monti with blue polyps that lost all its color, but the polyos are staring to regain thier blue color so im hoping the rest will follow suit. Im still not happy with the aquascape, but I really want to let everything settle a little more before messing with it again.
1444593931307.jpg
1444593942635.jpg
1444593955568.jpg
1444593968841.jpg
1444593977975.jpg

OP
OP
melypr1985

melypr1985

totally addicted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks. I have the ability to be patient but I find it's really difficult to practice. lol I'm trying though and trying to let everything in there settle down. I'm also going to switch salts now that I have pretty much used up an entire bucket on my daily water changes on the QT. I'm going to switch to Seachem's Salinity. My friend has a 200g bucket that I'm going to buy from him for like 70 bucks. Why change? Well I was using Fritz Pro simply because i won a bucket for free and I already had it. The more I think about it, the more I'm suspecting that salt for messing up my SPS. It tested (brand new Salt still in the mixing bucket) at 11DKH for Alk. That's crazy high!! Fritz is kinda expensive and doesn't print what their salt should read for the different nutrients and what-not. Seachem does and the bucket i looked at should produce 8 or 9 dkh (i can't remember) which is WAY better.

This is why I've started thinking that the Fritz salt was the reason my tank went all haywire. I must have had a major ALK swing. It kills me because i did a water change with it, then put the prazipro in the tank, then did 3 more water changes, then one more - all 10 gallons each. So now i know why my alk ended up so darn high and my corals looked like doo doo. Well, hopefully i'll get the new bucket this coming weekend so I'll give that a shot and see what happens. :)

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I buy whatever salt is on sale and have never had a problem. I make sure the fish don't see the name on the bucket and they don't complain. What they don't know, don't hurt them. It's like the very expensive "Koi" I have in a pond in my yard. They are really 10 cent goldfish but I tell the neighbors they are expensive Koi so they think I am rich and extravagant. :eek:

OP
OP
melypr1985

melypr1985

totally addicted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I buy whatever salt is on sale and have never had a problem. I make sure the fish don't see the name on the bucket and they don't complain. What they don't know, don't hurt them. It's like the very expensive "Koi" I have in a pond in my yard. They are really 10 cent goldfish but I tell the neighbors they are expensive Koi so they think I am rich and extravagant. :eek:

lol. sounds like something i would do too. I know i wont be using this fritz pro anymore. I'll stick to the more known brands that are cheaper.

OP
OP
melypr1985

melypr1985

totally addicted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I redid my scape the other day. Im still not happy with it, but its better than it was. It will never be like i had it originally. Maybe it will grow on me. Eh. So here is some pretty bad cell phone pics of a few corals.
1445302926488.jpg
1445302939545.jpg
1445302951909.jpg
1445302963563.jpg
1445302971478.jpg
1445302982600.jpg

Ryan15236

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Aquascape looks pretty good to me. Actually very similar to mine. I have a similar asymmetrical island scape on my 125. Looks like your starting to acquire some corals. Will look great as it fills out!

Tahoe61

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I feel your pain, having to move my tank in a couple weeks. I know I will never get it back the way it is. :-(

Yours looks to be recovering nicely though, the corals look great..

OP
OP
melypr1985

melypr1985

totally addicted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks to both! I dreaded my upgrade and i didn't have to move my fish farther than a few feet. I can't imagine moving my tank to another home! Good luck to you, I'll pray for a good outcome for you @Tahoe61 .

Ryan yes I have acquired quite a few corals. They need to grow out some and I'm hoping that they will start doing that again now that things have settled down. I'm scared to add any more right now since i could be introducing parasites into the tank again via the new corals. I've found quite a few acros that i can afford and want badly also. My LFS finally started carrying them after months of my complaining about it lol.

OP
OP
melypr1985

melypr1985

totally addicted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its probably really hard to tell by my crappy cell phone pics , but the color is coming back in my corals! Growth is happening again. Everything looks really good , so Im pretty happy today. :)
1445735771273.jpg
1445735780559.jpg
1445735788772.jpg
1445735797101.jpg

Pfisherman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just read this entire thread. My current tank is a 40b and i have a 75 in my garage, i want to upgrade at income tax time. Was it worth it in terms of space?

Are your fishes doing well in qt?

OP
OP
melypr1985

melypr1985

totally addicted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just read this entire thread. My current tank is a 40b and i have a 75 in my garage, i want to upgrade at income tax time. Was it worth it in terms of space?

Are your fishes doing well in qt?

Yes it was totally worth it! My fish didn't know what to do with all that space. They got used to it and seem to really enjoy it. Plus i got to have more!

My fish are doing really well in QT. Thanks for asking! The clowns look to be starting the mating ritual that precedes laying eggs. I've seen it before, but never in a QT with copper. I'm hoping they will hold off until they get back in their home. Everybody is eating well, staying fat, and looking pretty.

Pfisherman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes it was totally worth it! My fish didn't know what to do with all that space. They got used to it and seem to really enjoy it. Plus i got to have more!

My fish are doing really well in QT. Thanks for asking! The clowns look to be starting the mating ritual that precedes laying eggs. I've seen it before, but never in a QT with copper. I'm hoping they will hold off until they get back in their home. Everybody is eating well, staying fat, and looking pretty.

One more thing, how many tangs do you have? I have a yellow which is similar to the purple of course i would like to add a bristletooth and a powder blue or brown after upgrading

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 3 1.6%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 2.1%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 27 14.0%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 94 48.7%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 60 31.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 2.6%
Back