Meridian what percentage?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Tahoe61
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Tahoe61

10K Club member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 2, 2012
Messages
18,486
Reaction score
22,375
Location
AZ
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Meridian 11 is 14 inches above the water line, I have been running it at approximately 35% for 12 hrs, over a 25 gallon lagoon.
It's been a little less than 1.5 months and I have noticed some Zoanthids and Birds Nest appear to be losing color. It's my experience that the cause is possibly over illumination.
Is it that really possible at 35%? If I turn up the intensity I notice more Zoanthids are not opening as much.
I am going to shorten the photoperiod, but is it really possible that 35% is over doing it?

TIA
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 7 43.8%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 6.3%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 12.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new