Mermaids Wine Glass

AlgaeLove

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
May 29, 2022
Messages
27
Reaction score
53
Location
U.S.
What state or country do you live in
Nevada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, I was wondering if anyone knows any good sources that sell mermaids wine glass and when would be a good time to look for it! I have been looking for this algae for a really long time but it is always out of stock!
 
https://m.carolina.com/marine-and-saltwater-animals/acetabularia-living/151448.pr#reviews

Carolina Biological Supply currently carries Acetabularia (Mermaid's wine glass)… with enough individuals in a single order to satisfy the entire hobby :confused:.

“Attached to natural substrate. Other algae also present. Can be kept in saltwater aquarium. Freshly collected and shipped from Florida (allow 2 weeks for delivery). Each culture contains enough material for a class of 30 students.”

“A large sample (300 or more individuals) in good condition arrived as promised on the date promised.”
 
Hey I was actually able to get some from KP Aquatics! I had gotten an email notification that they had some available last week. I don't even remember signing up for the notifications so it must've been last year when I did it. If it does well for me I'd be happy to get some to you!
 
How did the mermaids wine glass do in your tank? @reddevilant

I managed to score some in trade recently and it looks awesome. Never seen anyone keep it long term though.
Not long unfortunately. I think my lighting wasn't strong enough. I started with it about halfway up, ~1-1.5 ft away from my 40W light, and it started losing most of the cups after a couple days. So I took some egg crate and placed it up much higher in the tank and the remaining cups stayed and didn't die off. But I think it was too far gone and it died off a week or two later.
 
Hello, I was wondering if anyone knows any good sources that sell mermaids wine glass and when would be a good time to look for it! I have been looking for this algae for a really long time but it is always out of stock!
Id love to know as well
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new