Mermaids Wine Glass

AlgaeLove

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, I was wondering if anyone knows any good sources that sell mermaids wine glass and when would be a good time to look for it! I have been looking for this algae for a really long time but it is always out of stock!

WheatToast

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
https://m.carolina.com/marine-and-saltwater-animals/acetabularia-living/151448.pr#reviews

Carolina Biological Supply currently carries Acetabularia (Mermaid's wine glass)… with enough individuals in a single order to satisfy the entire hobby :confused:.

“Attached to natural substrate. Other algae also present. Can be kept in saltwater aquarium. Freshly collected and shipped from Florida (allow 2 weeks for delivery). Each culture contains enough material for a class of 30 students.”

“A large sample (300 or more individuals) in good condition arrived as promised on the date promised.”

reddevilant

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey I was actually able to get some from KP Aquatics! I had gotten an email notification that they had some available last week. I don't even remember signing up for the notifications so it must've been last year when I did it. If it does well for me I'd be happy to get some to you!

reddevilant

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How did the mermaids wine glass do in your tank? @reddevilant

I managed to score some in trade recently and it looks awesome. Never seen anyone keep it long term though.
Not long unfortunately. I think my lighting wasn't strong enough. I started with it about halfway up, ~1-1.5 ft away from my 40W light, and it started losing most of the cups after a couple days. So I took some egg crate and placed it up much higher in the tank and the remaining cups stayed and didn't die off. But I think it was too far gone and it died off a week or two later.

Cthulukelele

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am seeing the same thing as out of season. Warmer months are typically better on their site for macros, but here is a link:

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 35 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 23.2%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back