Mesh or screen cover? Glass? Acrylic?

hsuttond

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking to some how cover a 28g JBJ nano cube, any suggestions? Ditching HQI hood for LED pendant. Dont want any jumpers or water exposed.

chemisfun11

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
grab some clear plastic netting from BRS and if you are handy you can make it yourself. They sell kits too. Acrylic and glass could be more expensive and trap unwanted heat.

OP
OP
hsuttond

hsuttond

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ohhh ok got ya, I'm new to this whole forum and thread thing. A little lost and def not up on the lingo, thanks!

ohio reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm going through the exact same thing right now. I'm upgrading to a kessil and looking for a good cover.

racin2438

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Get the clear screen for BRS,,,

and get the frame/corners from Home Depot, it is much less there. ad they are the same type.

Daddio

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I saw someone slowly and patiently bend aluminum screen frame using the tank edge as a guide for the front edge of a screen mesh cover. It can be done.

Much cheaper to get the frame parts at a hardware store (no shipping) and just order the netting from brs (can't find netting at any stores near me - at least not the 1/4" type.

VicD81

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did mine with the frame from Lowes. I dont think it will work for a Biocube. Ive been wanting to do it for my biocube also. If the BRS ones are plastic I will deff look into that. It should bend easier than the metal ones.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1400777894.272082.jpg
    ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1400777894.272082.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 301
OP
OP
hsuttond

hsuttond

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think this is what I am going to try, I feel like an aluminum frame would be better than plastic, and more bendable. Thanks for the idea.

I saw someone slowly and patiently bend aluminum screen frame using the tank edge as a guide for the front edge of a screen mesh cover. It can be done.

Much cheaper to get the frame parts at a hardware store (no shipping) and just order the netting from brs (can't find netting at any stores near me - at least not the 1/4" type.

shred5

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
My LFS caries the same clear screening as brs and I went to home depot and bought the frames and other supplies there. Real easy to do and looks professional...

Freshwater filter only or is it? Have you ever used an HOB filter on a saltwater tank?

• I currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank.

Votes: 13 26.5%
  • I don’t currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 7 14.3%
  • I have used a HOB on fish only or quarantine tanks, but not on the display tank.

Votes: 12 24.5%
  • I have never used a HOB on a saltwater tank.

Votes: 16 32.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 2.0%
Back