Mesh top

MTM

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, I recently had a fish from my fowlr tank go carpet diving despite the fact that there is a glass top. There is a small gap at the back for the hob filter and he apparently went rocketing through there. I would like to put a mesh top on with little to no gap but it is a hex tank and all the diy kits seem to have 90 degree corner pieces. The screen may not stretch out right, anyway. So, any ideas for other types of tops? The tank is a hundred years old and the original lid with the plastic piece at the back is long gone. Can't recall the manufacturer at the moment. Starts with an A but not Aqueon.

Thanks.

jgirardnrg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can probably find the plastic piece from a rectangle tank and cut it. Those just have a groove that slides over the glass. Cut it to shape and notch it as close as possible around your HOB filter.

OP
OP
M

MTM

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can probably find the plastic piece from a rectangle tank and cut it. Those just have a groove that slides over the glass. Cut it to shape and notch it as close as possible around your HOB filter.
Thanks.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 25.0%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 18.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back