Messing around with new DSLR!

Krzydmnd

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With no idea how to use it yet, lol! I have a macro lens arriving this weekend.
ba5a80179fb8cb7da636edbcb983809c.jpg
89f3e6ba1514ddf42c76b76c7dfacc13.jpg

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great shots

OP
OP
Krzydmnd

Krzydmnd

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These are great! What camera/lens are you using for these 2 shots?
Thank you! I'm really excited about delving into macro coral photos. It's a nikon d3400 with the stock (nikkor) 18-55 lens that it came with. I ordered a entry level macro lens to get some better closeups.

OP
OP
Krzydmnd

Krzydmnd

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you! I'm really excited about delving into macro coral photos. It's a nikon d3400 with the stock (nikkor) 18-55 lens that it came with. I ordered a entry level macro lens to get some better closeups.

The photos are edited however I really just tried adjusting the blues out and they are actually pretty true to life. The torch is that bright.

themcfreak

A Surfing Starfish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, you def have to edit them to remove the extra blue (at least I have had to so far). I've been looking into getting an orange filter of some sorts, but not found what I like yet.

dave57

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Awesome pics, I also have the 3400 with the same kit. What settings are you using?

OP
OP
Krzydmnd

Krzydmnd

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome pics, I also have the 3400 with the same kit. What settings are you using?
I've been trying all different settings but seem to be having success on Aperture mode with aperture settings around 20. Just editing on my phone (with the snapbridge file transfer) using Lightroom and Pixlr. I just ordered some gel filters that will be here tomorrow that I want to mess with this weekend.

OP
OP
Krzydmnd

Krzydmnd

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been trying all different settings but seem to be having success on Aperture mode with aperture settings around 20. Just editing on my phone (with the snapbridge file transfer) using Lightroom and Pixlr. I just ordered some gel filters that will be here tomorrow that I want to mess with this weekend.
Also, this is the first Dslr I've owned in years so I do not profess to know anything about photography. Just figuring it out on my own lol.

PedroYoung

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I shoot with a canon but also use the aperture mode. I switch around depending on the depth of field I want. The other thing I've found that makes a big difference for me is the setting for "exposure compensation". Not sure what it would be on your camera, but the difference in color "pop" is huge. Helps get the glare out of the shot.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 70 37.6%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 62 33.3%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 13.4%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 15.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.5%
Back