Metal Halide Bulb Burn-in

  • Thread starter Thread starter RCS82
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

RCS82

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
May 9, 2018
Messages
686
Reaction score
825
Location
Sherwood Park, AB, Canada
What state or country do you live in
Canada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm switching to a Hamilton bulb after using Phoenix bulbs for years, 250watt DE on for about 7 hours a day. I generally don't do much for burn-in and just switch out the bulbs. So just wondering about burn-in with Hamilton bulbs and what others do or what is recommended.
 
Yeah, no burn in needed unless you were trying to run them with an Apex and adjusting intensity.
 
I've never did burn ins. Just adapted the new bulb using for less hours an ramped to the normal photoperiod in a matter of days.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 44.0%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new