A. grandis

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A nice 10k bulb not too yellow but white in 400 watt
1664483055693.png

Remember: the "K number" is only a reference for what you will see in real life. It differs from brand to brand. Try to find this bulb in a store or someone that uses it, and see if you like it.

Midrats

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My all time favorite is the Aqualine 10000. They can be had online if one wants a quality bulb, if you are looking for cheap I got nothin'.

oreo54

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Kodski

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Since many of the Metal Halide reflector makers have since exited the market, what's the options for someone looking to buy new? Reefbright seems to be the only option anymore. Hamilton seems to be stopping production as almost everything is out of stock. I know metal halides are used in hydroponics and there seems to be plenty of options there but the reflector designs are completely different than the popular reefing reflectors. That makes me wonder if they should even be considered. Are there more companies that make reefing orientated halide reflectors?

EDIT: I forgot to mention Giesemann, but I'm not about to drop that kind of money on Metal Halide reflectors that aren't going to be seen.

JCOLE

Grower of the Small Polyps
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Since many of the Metal Halide reflector makers have since exited the market, what's the options for someone looking to buy new? Reefbright seems to be the only option anymore. Hamilton seems to be stopping production as almost everything is out of stock. I know metal halides are used in hydroponics and there seems to be plenty of options there but the reflector designs are completely different than the popular reefing reflectors. That makes me wonder if they should even be considered. Are there more companies that make reefing orientated halide reflectors?

EDIT: I forgot to mention Giesemann, but I'm not about to drop that kind of money on Metal Halide reflectors that aren't going to be seen.

Hamilton is not stopping production. They are selling so many that they cannot keep up with the demand. Talk to Dave over there and he will tell you the same.

Call Hamilton and they will get you set up or atleast tell you when they will have them available.

t5Nitro

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm currently running 400 watt 20K radium. Best decision to switch over from LED world. I've got a pendant hanging probably close to 18" off the surface of the water on my temporary holding tank. Have some SPS growing on the bottom of a rubbermaid 150 tub. No screwing around with the settings. Plug and play with better color.

RCS82

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You could run hamilton 20x20 fixtures with 250 watt 14k hamiltons.
I run one ony 36x24x12 frag/ lagoon system and coverage is perfect at 12" off the surface.
I actually like this bulb better than my double ended 250 watt 14k phoenix that I run on my 120.
20210711_161425.jpg

Is it a pretty good difference between a 250W 14k Phoenix and a 250W 14k Hamilton?
Thanks

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 37 15.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 5.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 135 58.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 16 6.9%
Back