Metal stand question.

BiG-D

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 5, 2010
Messages
321
Reaction score
47
Location
Norwalk Ca.
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning all I have a question about the metal stand I had built. The stand is going to be for a 450 gallon reef my question is that the builder used 14 gauge 2x2 steel tubing will this hold all the weight of such a big tank the stand is reinforced. I have included pictures so you can see if it will hold the weight or do I need another stand built.
1000023251.jpg
1000023251.jpg


1000023252.jpg
 
If the welds look good, I would not hesitate to use but might add adjustable feet. Probably 8.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 6.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 16.6%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 57 35.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 11 6.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 24 14.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 11 6.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new