Metals in my ICP test

Aqau_Dude

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Everyone,

So i did my second ICP test and got the following results. I will dose manganese today but as you can see my metals are pretty high. I ordered Seachem Cuprisorb but i was wondering what you guys think of these results. I did notice a few torches bleaching a small bit and losing color. Is this because of the metals?

api_test_1.png api_test_2.png api_test_3.png

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m not sure the cuprisorb is needed or useful. Some metals are high and it’s possible some are low, and cuprisorb may lower even those that are already low.

Have you measured nitrate and phosphate?

OP
OP
Aqau_Dude

Aqau_Dude

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Randy,

Thanks for your reply. My nitrates is always around 5-7 and phosphate is between 0,02 and 0,07. So i noticed a few torches fading a bit. For example my joker torch the bottom part of. it is becoming tanslucent. Don't. you find my copper and zink very elivated?

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Randy,

Thanks for your reply. My nitrates is always around 5-7 and phosphate is between 0,02 and 0,07. So i noticed a few torches fading a bit. For example my joker torch the bottom part of. it is becoming tanslucent. Don't. you find my copper and zink very elivated?
I don’t find the copper to be necessarily problematic. I also do not know if it is accurate, but I had 10-15 ppb copper the tone I measured it, and didn’t have any apparent issues.

The zinc may or may not be a problem. It is elevated, but that doesn’t mean it is toxic.

OP
OP
Aqau_Dude

Aqau_Dude

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for your help. So i have ordered Cupisorb from seachem do you recommend using this? Also i noticed that my Iron is not measurable. I do have refiugium with cheato. do you recommend dosing iron?

I noticed some euphilia's are retracted a bit for a few weeks now. Could metals be the reason for this?

OP
OP
Aqau_Dude

Aqau_Dude

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t find the copper to be necessarily problematic. I also do not know if it is accurate, but I had 10-15 ppb copper the tone I measured it, and didn’t have any apparent issues.

The zinc may or may not be a problem. It is elevated, but that doesn’t mean it is toxic.
Dear Randy, would you recommend using Cuprisorb for this? I noticed some of my euphilias are not doing to well. Except the metal everything else is in range. I do have a refiugium and i dose manganese for the gonioporas.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.2%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 82 56.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.9%
Back