Miami Hurricane Chalice compatibility

Chrisv.

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello! I’m a long time reefer but first time chalice keeper. I know that chalice corals like the MH can send out some serious sweepers, but I’m wondering if there are any corals that can be placed nearby without risk in either direction. Thanks!

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Following :)

nbooks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i have a decent size piece at the moment. have not seen huge sweepers, maybe 2 inches max. It lives about 6 inches below a super long tentacle todds torch which occasionally will get a tentacle stuck to the chalice when the movement is just wrong enough...no visible damage to either but i try not to let it happen for too long if i am around and see it.

Hairyteeth

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have two chalices....put them next to each other, my mummy eye stung the crap out of my water melon but I see other people put chalices next to each other?

OP
OP
C

Chrisv.

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have two chalices....put them next to each other, my mummy eye stung the crap out of my water melon but I see other people put chalices next to each other?
Interesting! I've heard that there are multiple genera that people call "chalices" and I wonder if that's the case with mummy eye and water melon. Both are such beautiful corals.

I haven't noticed particularly long sweepers on my MH yet, but it's only about 1.75 inches in diameter.

They are such neat corals. It's great that the are no longer trendy and impossibly expensive. I was in the hobby when these were released by Steve Tyree at prices that were exorbitant at that time (pre-$500-mushroom-era).

nbooks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
miami is the only one i have at the moment, got it in a frag pack and HATED it at first. now its a pretty cool little piece.

ill try to pay attention when i feed tonight and see if they sned anything out.

OP
OP
C

Chrisv.

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
miami is the only one i have at the moment, got it in a frag pack and HATED it at first. now its a pretty cool little piece.

ill try to pay attention when i feed tonight and see if they sned anything out.
I'm all for anything that looks different from everything else. I feel like all of the blue heavy lighting these days, many things that are bright are bright green. Don't get me wrong, I love how the Tyree toadstool pops under my kessil, but things in my tank sure do look green these days.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back