Miami Orchid lighting?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Crashnt24
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Crashnt24

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 20, 2019
Messages
582
Reaction score
681
Location
Denver, CO
What state or country do you live in
Colorado
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got a pretty large frag for free from a local reefer when I bought a WD frag. I'm having trouble on placement. I initially placed it up high with my other acros but it really seemed to bleach out and turn white. So I lowered it close to the sand bed with my torches. It's gaining color but it has no PE.

I guess I don't know what it's suppose to look like anyways. Maybe the white colors were normal? Anyone have colony shots? Where do you have it? High par? Low par? Flow?

Thanks!
 
Got a pretty large frag for free from a local reefer when I bought a WD frag. I'm having trouble on placement. I initially placed it up high with my other acros but it really seemed to bleach out and turn white. So I lowered it close to the sand bed with my torches. It's gaining color but it has no PE.

I guess I don't know what it's suppose to look like anyways. Maybe the white colors were normal? Anyone have colony shots? Where do you have it? High par? Low par? Flow?

Thanks!
Got a photo of your frag we could see to compare?
 
Got a photo of your frag we could see to compare?

Sure thing!

20210226_161554.jpg


As you can see, it's still pretty bleached. Even being bottom of tank. It's still encrusting the plug pretty well, but no PE or color.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 9 28.1%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 11 34.4%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 18.8%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 10 31.3%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 7 21.9%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 28.1%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 21.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new