Miami Orchid lighting?

Crashnt24

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got a pretty large frag for free from a local reefer when I bought a WD frag. I'm having trouble on placement. I initially placed it up high with my other acros but it really seemed to bleach out and turn white. So I lowered it close to the sand bed with my torches. It's gaining color but it has no PE.

I guess I don't know what it's suppose to look like anyways. Maybe the white colors were normal? Anyone have colony shots? Where do you have it? High par? Low par? Flow?

Thanks!

P-Dub

The ocean is open to all, merciful to none.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got a pretty large frag for free from a local reefer when I bought a WD frag. I'm having trouble on placement. I initially placed it up high with my other acros but it really seemed to bleach out and turn white. So I lowered it close to the sand bed with my torches. It's gaining color but it has no PE.

I guess I don't know what it's suppose to look like anyways. Maybe the white colors were normal? Anyone have colony shots? Where do you have it? High par? Low par? Flow?

Thanks!
Got a photo of your frag we could see to compare?

OP
OP
Crashnt24

Crashnt24

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got a photo of your frag we could see to compare?

Sure thing!

20210226_161554.jpg

As you can see, it's still pretty bleached. Even being bottom of tank. It's still encrusting the plug pretty well, but no PE or color.

Back