Micro bubble project

alexytman

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 5, 2017
Messages
303
Reaction score
109
What state or country do you live in
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys, I'm currently going to do an experiment with skimmers by lowering the salinity (as we know bubbles are smaller in saline water)then compare the difference in waste collected. It's going to be a report for a project so I am going to have a controlled environment where I add controlled substances. I'm thinking of adding amino acids as waste the sample waste. Have any ideas? Also it would be great if you could link me to some pdf papers on microbubbles and water treatment sites. Stuff like how and why hydrophobic substances are allowed to be extracted because of the bubbles.

Many thanks!
 
Hi guys, I'm currently going to do an experiment with skimmers by lowering the salinity (as we know bubbles are smaller in saline water)then compare the difference in waste collected. It's going to be a report for a project so I am going to have a controlled environment where I add controlled substances. I'm thinking of adding amino acids as waste the sample waste. Have any ideas? Also it would be great if you could link me to some pdf papers on microbubbles and water treatment sites. Stuff like how and why hydrophobic substances are allowed to be extracted because of the bubbles.

Many thanks!
You may find this article useful. https://www.nature.com/articles/s41598-017-07048-4
 
I love this forum...

How in the world do u guys come up with ideas like this... And more importantly, where do you find the time to run experiments like this?

Most days I can barely remember my name [emoji23]
 
That's ok, you don't need a name to run experiments. ;) To be honest I spend a lot of free time on this hobby and am so glad my wife likes it too. :)

Bruce
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 15.4%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 2 15.4%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 3 23.1%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 6 46.2%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new