Micro bubbles in silicone on new tank

alexjoha

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,
I just got a new tank the dimensjons are 150cm x 80cm x 55cm its a rimless tank with clear silicone and optiwhite glas. It has 15mm thik glass and now i can se alot of micro bubbles in the silicone. They wernt there before. The tank had had water in it for about one week now. The manufacturer says its normal for glass betwen 15-19mm and will disapere over time as the silicone stretche. Does anybody know if this it correct? Or should i be concernd? Seems like the micro bubbels are inside the silicone not against the glass.

Thank you for your help :)

AFEC93F8-BB8D-4287-8C6E-569FDA5AECC3.jpeg
8CBE9F39-3122-4810-9DF4-465DD347296E.jpeg

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do believe that is correct. I had this happen on my 40 breeder, no issues as of yet. Anyone from #reefsquad have any more insight on something like this?

Dsnakes

Knight Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do believe that is correct. I had this happen on my 40 breeder, no issues as of yet. Anyone from #reefsquad have any more insight on something like this?
My 125g looked the same while filling. I was panicking. I kept my eye on it and it disappeared.

OP
OP
alexjoha

alexjoha

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My 125g looked the same while filling. I was panicking. I kept my eye on it and it disappeared.
Did it go away over time? Or the same day? The micro bubbles i have came after 2-3days. Thank you for the help :)

OP
OP
alexjoha

alexjoha

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you :) it helps alot i was almost on the brink of tearing down the tank again after this. But it sounds like the manufacturer is telling the truth then :)

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
I called Jerry (former owner of all glass) and he indicated no issue unless entire bead was full of bubbles and often occurs when the caulk has an air pocket while being applied and collects air as silicone is porous and some will dissipate( not all of it) when its being spread along seam.

Last edited:
OP
OP
alexjoha

alexjoha

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I callef Jerry (former owner of all glass) and he indicated no issue unless entire bead was full of bubbles and often occurs when the caulk has an air pocket while being applied and collects air as silicone is porous and some will dissipate( not all of it) when its being spread along seam.
Thank you! :) its just micro bubbels and its not at the edges or against the glass that i can see.. looks like its in the middel of the silicone :) hope it goes away soon :) and dosent spred anymore i would hate to tear down this tank :)

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 13 33.3%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 15.4%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 13 33.3%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 6 15.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 2.6%
Back