Micro bubbles, will they hurt?

Betroc2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a JBJ 28 gal. HQI that I set up a few weeks ago. I had a hard time putting the pumps in the small side chambers, now I have micro bubbles coming out of one side. I have tried several times to take the one pump back out to check the tubbing and connections but can't get it back out again. Will it hurt anything if I just leave it alone? Does any one know? When water level is a little low I get a lot more bubbles. The pump is under the water, but lots of big bubbles are riseing up from under it in the back chamber. I can't get my head back there to see very well. Help!

Ltlevil1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They won't really hurt anything unless you have a clam. I also notice micro-bubbles from time to time in my wife's JBJ-24g and without exception it is always due to a low water level. I would try raising the water level in the back a bit and I think that will take care of your problem. If you are using the surface skimmers in the display area you may just remove them for few minutes and see if the bubbles go away.

OP
OP
Betroc2

Betroc2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ty for your advice. My water level is to the top in the tank, but is only 1/2 full where my pumps go. Don't know why. I bought this tank used with all the equipment. I don't even know what size the pumps are, sorry. Is this normal for a 28 HQI JBJ???

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 18 6.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 35 12.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 159 57.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 6.8%
Back