Micro reef clam ID?

SauceyReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 23, 2021
Messages
2,022
Reaction score
1,477
Location
Akron, Ohio
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well a little clam has attached itself to my Scoly during the past week unless I’ve been missing it for months. Any idea what this species can be?? It’s definitely alive as it closes when I block the light. I also have a squamosa but didn’t think there would be any way for it to spawn / reproduce. Are there known species of micro clams?

mind the red planaria

C4EA5DF5-C581-475A-8907-8E894B777924.jpeg 367D9D6E-0C9B-45CF-8341-5EAC395155E4.jpeg
 
I have a couple rock boring clams amongst my rock ( they are small like 3/4" long) but they avoid the light so I don't think it's one of those. If you put them somewhere they can pull themselves along quite rapidly with a proboscis to where they'd rather be. Pretty bizarre like something from Tim Burton's mind.
 
Looks to me to be a Thorny Oyster.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new