Micro Scrubbing Bubbles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cruz_Arias

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Science is science, prove there is no exchange or charging of bubbles in a solution as they move past each other.
Set egos aside please. This is not a right or wrong or an opinion thread. It's whether or not micro and nanobubbling works.

Cruz_Arias

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is disingenuous Cruz. Sometimes I pour defrosted fish food in tank water into my reef and it makes bubbles, I guess I am bubbling too.
No, fluid dynamics in regards to surface tension says that you don't have the pressure nor velocity as the 300 gallons of water like in the video.

Cruz_Arias

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I might be wrong but I understand that micro-nano bubbles (less than 100 um) are quite stable and would potentially stay in the fluid without surface for hours to days. So that is why I thought to wait after the pump was off for 20 minutes (so that way larger bubbles will surface). The colorimeter should work as a turbidimeter and give us some number to compare micro-nano bubbles density added to the water. But I agree a flow turbidimeter would likely be more accurate.
A refractometer might, however, but the dissolution of the nanobubbles over time might change.

Going to have to look into that more. Hmmm... very interesting thought. Thank you!

Thales

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Science is science, prove there is no exchange or charging of bubbles in a solution as they move past each other.
Set egos aside please. This is not a right or wrong or an opinion thread. It's whether or not micro and nanobubbling works.

Cruz, most of what you post to support your claims is opinion - you tried to press Joe's tank into service as support!

I further think that you should set ego aside, no one else seems to be having an issue - we are just talking even if we disagree with each other.

Thales

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No, fluid dynamics in regards to surface tension says that you don't have the pressure nor velocity as the 300 gallons of water like in the video.
And that has very little, if anything, to do with bubbles.

Cruz_Arias

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am curious. Is this in response to Randy's question about your pseudoscience claim "The bubbles rubbing up against each other are like balloons or water droplets in the storm clouds... as they pass each other and rub and bump into each other, static electricity is generated"

Not everything rubbing against each other creates static electricity. Cloth rubbing against a balloon does. Water bubbles rubbing against each other doesn't.
Show me please!
At about 13:12, Joe says that the bubbles aren't really desirable and then goes on to mention ways to eliminate them.
He's still doing it. It's not desirable for looks... he didn't define what wasn't desirable.

Cruz_Arias

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cruz, most of what you post to support your claims is opinion - you tried to press Joe's tank into service as support!

I further think that you should set ego aside, no one else seems to be having an issue - we are just talking even if we disagree with each other.
I live chemistry and sustainabilty of the world around us.

I'm assuming your doing your part.

Thales

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, your comments are your opinion and has nothing to do with science.

But your opinions are somehow science? You dismiss what Randy has to as about chemistry but somehow your posts are science?
It seems like a specious move to claim that your opinions are somehow more than opinions.

Cruz_Arias

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
But your opinions are somehow science? You dismiss what Randy has to as about chemistry but somehow your posts are science?
It seems like a specious move to claim that your opinions are somehow more than opinions.
It's not my opinion it works.
It's the observations of working with brine discharge and chemical processes day in and day out.

furam28

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Sure. Make baseless unsubstantiated claims and call it science.

I live chemistry and sustainabilty of the world around us.

I'm assuming your doing your part.

If you don't know the difference between solute and solvent, then you are not "living chemistry" my friend.

Cruz_Arias

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sure. Make baseless unsubstantiated claims and call it science. If you don't know the difference between solute and solvent, then you are not "living chemistry" my friend.
I work for the largest chemical company in the world... we are Responsible Care certified.

Reeflogic