Microbacter 7 vs Fritz Zyme 7/9

Necrodaemus

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 7, 2022
Messages
517
Reaction score
335
Location
Ashland
What state or country do you live in
Kentucky
Rating - 0%
0   1   0
Posting this here because it pertains to dealing with cyano (wanting to avoid chemiclean). My LFS has bottles of Fritz Zyme 7 and 9, but wondering if it's similar to Microbacter 7. I'll be adding the bacteria to DIY coral snow to help get rid of cyano that's forming mats in a few places in my tank (3 years running).
 
I tried both. And also TM cyo-control. None of it worked. I did chemiclean and cyano was gone completely within 48 hours. I have had no other problems. No dino’s. My corals never seemed bothered. It’s an sps dominant tank. My Alk consumption dropped just a bit for about 4 days but is back to normal.
 
I tried both. And also TM cyo-control. None of it worked. I did chemiclean and cyano was gone completely within 48 hours. I have had no other problems. No dino’s. My corals never seemed bothered. It’s an sps dominant tank. My Alk consumption dropped just a bit for about 4 days but is back to normal.
Bacteria in a bottle remains useless in my eyes. At best it is food for other bacteria. At worst it delays the natural progression to maturity,
 
Bacteria in a bottle remains useless in my eyes. At best it is food for other bacteria. At worst it delays the natural progression to maturity,
Exactly why I'm also wanting to avoid Chemiclean. It contains erythromycin which is a broad-spectrum antibiotic....I don't want to risk throwing the biome off.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 10 45.5%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 2 9.1%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 7 31.8%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 11 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 31.8%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new