Microbacter purple

FlameangelLover

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 25, 2025
Messages
842
Reaction score
838
Location
detroit
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello has anyone here had experience with Microbacter purple. Any pros any cons? Will it raise Po4? Or drop it to much?
 
Hello has anyone here had experience with Microbacter purple. Any pros any cons? Will it raise Po4? Or drop it to much?
It literally just hit the market a month or two ago. Are you trying to raise or lower phosphate? Have you looked at TM products?
 
It literally just hit the market a month or two ago. Are you trying to raise or lower phosphate? Have you looked at TM products?
Im not trying to raise or lower nitrates i am coming out of my cyano phase and want to seed my tank with more bacteria to help seed the tank and take up space from other "uglies" plus i heard it will feed my corals
 
I've done 1 dose. Didn't seem to change my nutrients much.
 
What’s your thoughts on using it to help combat cyano?
I just treated cyano with chemiclean. I previously went through battling dinos. I'm using it to feed coral and help with bacteria. I've previously dosed 5-6 different bottled bacteria. I've added some Gulf live rock 2 times now. It's been over a week since cyano is gone. Can't say this has helped or not.
 
I will say, Sps seem to really respond to this bacteria. Check out the polyps on the axial coralites here. Just added some in. Not the best picture tho.
PXL_20250514_184928129~2.jpg
 
I will say, Sps seem to really respond to this bacteria. Check out the polyps on the axial coralites here. Just added some in. Not the best picture tho.
PXL_20250514_184928129~2.jpg
How much are you adding a week/day?
 
I did the full dose and now am down to the reduced. Just what the bottle recommended.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 7 43.8%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 6.3%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 12.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new