Microbactor 7 and microbactor clean. Together?

Falc!

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m new here and I hope I’m doin this correctly but I can’t seem to find post about people using mb7 and mb clean together… my tank is fairly new and I’ve been out of it for several years and I’ve never used them until now. Went through cycle without issues and did have a diatom bloom and some green hair algae and then I started my clean and a week later I started mb7 and all I mean ALL algae melted away now I’m finding dead snails and hermits so I upped my feeding but still no algae in 3 days

started with 60 lbs base dry rock
10 real reef pinkish rock
10 carrib sea purple rock

cycled with shrimp and fritz

reefer 350
Smart farms X4 lights
Normal range calcium and mag
Alk 8
Nitrate 5
Phos 1.5ish
Some cheato in sump doing ok

fish:
Yellow tang
Tomini tang
8 chromis
2 clowns
Royal gramma

mb clean on sundays
Mb7 on wednesdays

OP
OP
Falc!

Falc!

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So everything is the way its supposed to be? Probably keep feeding more?

Big E

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Running both is fine but probably not needed. They need to be dosed just as you are doing on different days. I'd back off on how much you're dosing as you can get into a bad case of nothing left for the corals. Bacteria is always first in line.

I'd also note this is not something that is going to show up on test kits. There is leftover Po4 and No3 but what corals need are the actual organics before breakdown.

nano reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dose mb7 everyday. Could that be a prolem? I dont know what going on in my tank but have red cyano looking stuff but only on zoas and a few spots on rock and frag racks.
I did have my sand bed pretty covered with standing frag racks that were tuning red too. I just moved them yesterday so time will tell if it will grow on sand now that those are removed.

I also dose dr tims every 4 days. I cant remember what its called but supposed to kill cyano mixing the dosing of the two. I used blue life cyano treatment and made it worse.

I have used chemi clean in the past and it did nothing so I switched brands. Could this just be low flow zones?

I guess I should have just made a post but made to many lately lol

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 27 33.8%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 19 23.8%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 7 8.8%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 6.3%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 20 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.5%
Back