Microbubbles

  • Thread starter Thread starter rostalee
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

rostalee

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 5, 2022
Messages
24
Reaction score
8
Location
medowie
What state or country do you live in
Other International
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve moved my return pump water so that it agitates the surface more to increase oxygenation. I have wavemakers at each end of my 4 foot tank to manage flow. But now if have micro bubbles that I can’t get rid of unless I stop the water agitation significantly. Any ideas? It isn’t bubbles coming from my sump because it I point the return down so there’s no water agitation it doesn’t do it.
 

Attachments

  • 74610129734__AAAB13FC-5F9E-47CA-AC1C-6FF8DF098EE1.MOV
    936.9 KB
The return is very high up with strong flow coming out, it looks like the flow is meeting the air so air gets pushed into the water with the strong flow.

Maybe you can try to point the return down, and point the powerheads up to break up the surface.
 
I’ve tried this but the power heads shift a lot of the sand when I point them down. I’ll have to play with it some more.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 4 40.0%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 10.0%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 20.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new