Micromussa growth

  • Thread starter Thread starter FDchase
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

FDchase

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 19, 2022
Messages
217
Reaction score
185
Location
Solano
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Quick question, am I the only one who gets explosive growth from my micros then once they get near the base rock / almost off the frag plug growth suddenly stops? I’ve put every one in months apart from each other all in the same area. I get all excited I’m going to get a rock with a big colorful colony then nothing.

Not trying to figure out a problem, just wondering if other people have the same thing happen.
 
Somewhat - when I glued my Micromussa directly to my rock, he started growing much quicker. Before and after below, in the first one he was glued to a plug from LFS.

IMG_2781.jpeg

IMG_4178.png
 
I’ve had some take forever to take off when glued to rocks and some explode when glued to rocks. But I’ve also had the complete opposite happen, some blow up on the drag plugs and some take forever, some die right beside ones that are producing new polyps every other week.
 
Granted some are lords, the first one I’ve had since I started my tank with one new polyp on a rock, second is already growing a new polyp on a drag plug and the third I’ve had for 3 months and growing 5 new polyps on a plug lol
 

Attachments

  • IMG_5344.png
    IMG_5344.png
    1,008.6 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_5345.png
    IMG_5345.png
    979.9 KB · Views: 78
  • IMG_5346.png
    IMG_5346.png
    788.3 KB · Views: 60

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 7 4.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 17.5%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 52 33.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 7.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 24 15.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new