Microscopic white bugs...

brooklynreefernyc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Last night, the fish were swimming a little funny. I thought something might be off, but there was nothing out of normal. This morning, I woke up and noticed that all over the glass there were these hopping microscopic white bugs. Could they be affecting the fish? Its impossible to take a picture because their so tiny. You can't even see them unless you really look. Has anyone had this problem, or is it even a problem at all?

I wasn't sure if the fish was itchy? He seemed to sort of rub on the rock sideways..

Side note: its a 3 month old tank, salt water/reef tank.

aKlevans

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Probably copepods. Great member of cuc and free food for fish:)

flsalty

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Could they affect the fish? I'm more concerned with the odd rubbing on the rocks sideways swim. I have yellow tang, naso tang, cardinals, and few others.
Sounds like possible ich (on the fish, nothing to do with the pods). Any recent new additions? Do you QT? Any white spots on the fish?

OP
OP
B

brooklynreefernyc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds like possible ich (on the fish, nothing to do with the pods). Any recent new additions? Do you QT? Any white spots on the fish?
No new fish, no one has spots, no quarantine issues. The white creatures are on the glass. Now fish seem to swim okay. They aren't acting like they have a nervous tick, its just every so often yesterday I noticed they seemed funny, they would rub against a rock swimming slightly slanted. Slightly low on salt yesterday, all levels were good, so we added salt last night.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 45 35.4%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 28 22.0%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.1%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.9%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 24.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.1%
Back