Midas Blenheim got attacked what do I do!

Saltfishonly

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When lights go out my blenny goes to sleep sometimes on a rock..sometimes on the substrate...he decided to lay on the substrate in his usual corner he was sleeping and the freaking hermit crab clawed his eye !!!!!

I work late on my laptop and his corner is next to me on the couch I heard the hermit crabs shell knocking on the tank...anyway I separated them seen my blenny was extremely stressed I left him be

Next I checked to see where that pesky crab went..it killed my cleaner shrimp omg :mad::mad: checked on Midas today he was still laying and breathing heavy he got up to swim but now laying down again..I don’t know if my little guy will make it our not he is usually the first to pop up and eat

One eye is foggy the other is perfect,the pic of him swimming was before he got injured

3F696893-D0FF-4A75-8C55-CAB428D2DC1C.jpeg 1CC3C681-9EE6-4ADB-86C5-A91A772D196B.jpeg

Flippers4pups

Fins up since 1993
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I suspect something is wrong with the blenny. Healthy fish, like your blenny will definitely move away from a hermit crab before it can damage it, even if it was sleeping.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 49 34.8%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 30 21.3%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 11 7.8%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.1%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 36 25.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.5%
Back